Paleo Pecan Sandies
Prep time: Approx. 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Fluffy and delicious recipe perfect for the holiday season. Better yet this recipe is vegan and paleo/keto friendly! Thank you @Madd.healthy for this recipe!
List of Ingredients
1 cup of almond flour
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 tbsp nutmilk @nutpods
¼ cup of chopped Rancho Pecana pecans
¼ cup of powdered sugar @lakanto
¼ tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanillla
8 Rancho Pecana pecans to place on cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet w/ parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
2. In a medium bowl or mixer, blend almond flour and coconut oil on low speed until no clumps and it becomes dough-like. Add the 1 tbsp of room temperature non-dairy milk to make it stick together a bit more & become a soft dough.
3. Add the finely chopped pecans, powdered sugar, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until soft and well incorporated. Press together if the dough is in clumps, it should be easy to form.
4. Using a small or medium size cookie scoop, carefully roll dough into balls and place on baking sheet w/ room on all sides. Gently press a pecan half into the top of each dough ball, flattening the ball of dough slightly, but not too much!
5. Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes, until the cookies just begin to brown.
6. Let rest on the baking sheet for about 10 min before transferring to a wire rack. Once cool, sprinkle w/ more powdered sugar! & Enjoy!
7. Store in an airtight container or freeze!
Powdered sugar directions for coconut sugar:
– 1 cup coconut sugar
– 2 tsp tapioca flour
1. Add coconut sugar and tapioca flour to blender
2. Blend low and slow and gradually increase to high.
3. Blend for 30-60 seconds, until fluffy & powdery and is light brown in color.
4. Let the powder settle before opening blender top, and then use in the recipe & store the rest in an airtight container!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ranchopecana on Instagram and hashtag it #PecanCravers