Pineapple Upside Down Cake is mouth watering dessert especially as summer approaches. This cake has a combination of pecans, rum, pineapple, and caramel.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Yield: About 1 cake; 10 people
Prep time: Approx. 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
List of Ingredients
½ cup of brown sugar
6 tbsp butter
1 tbsp of rum or vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
2 ¼ cake flour
1 ½ cup of sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup of whole milk
4 large eggs
2 tbsp rum
¾ cup of butter
¼ cup sour cream
2 cans of pineapple slices
10 Rancho Pecana pecan halves
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, rum, and salt in a pot and heat over medium while whisking for about 5 minutes.
- In a pan, pour caramel into the pan until the bottom is covered.
- For the pineapple cans, cut all pineapple rings in half and place them on the pan as a ring in the center of the bottom. Also place pecan halves in the voids.
- In the sides of the pan, place pecan halves and add a pecan at the top of each piece. Set the pan to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl; mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, milk, vanilla, and sour cream and whisk together.
- In a mixer, add the room temperature butter and cream for a few seconds. Slowly add the dry mixture and the second bowl together and mix until it is a crumbly mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and fill only up to ⅔.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick is out clean.
- After it is ready, allow to cool for about 10 minutes and invert onto a wire rack to cool.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ranchopecana on Instagram and hashtag it #PecanCravers