Not only are these doughnuts delicious, but they are vegan, gluten, soy, and cane sugar free. These doughnuts are perfect for a healthy dessert throughout the week.
Created by: Heather Christo
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts with Coconut Maple Caramel Glaze
Yield: 8 large or 12 small doughnuts
Prep time: Approx. 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
List of Ingredients
1 ½ cups Gluten Free Flour
½ cup beet sugar (you can use regular old cane sugar in place)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup beet sugar
¼ cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon maple extract
pinch of salt
finely chopped pecans if desired
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and add them to the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter is thick. Then spoon the batter into a ziploc and create a piping bag out of this corner.
- Add the batter into a greased doughnut pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile the donuts are baking, make the glaze.
- For the glaze, prepare a small saucepan over medium heat and combine the sugar, coconut, coconut oil, maple, and salt. Bring to a simmer for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the glaze is cool, dip the doughnuts into glaze and garnish with Rancho Pecana pecans.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ranchopecana on Instagram and hashtag it #PecanCravers