Easy-to-make, soft, delicious butter pecan cookies. What’s not to love? This is an excellent last minute cookie recipe for your holiday cookie tray.
Toasting your pecans from Rancho Pecana will give these cookies the best flavor. We recommend toasting your nuts before chopping them to avoid them getting burned in the oven.
To keep your cookies soft and chewy, take them out of the oven when their edges are light golden brown and the center seems as if it’s under-baked. They will finish baking once you take them out and as they cool.
Butter Pecan Cookies
Yield: 20 cookies
Prep time: 1 hours
Total Time: 2 hours
Soft and chewy butter pecan cookies. Made with toasted pecans and brown sugar, this pecan cookie recipe will melt in your mouth.
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 300°F and toast chopped pecans on parchment paper or baking sheet. Leave for 15 minutes and stir a couple times during this time. Set pecans aside once the 15 minutes are up.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat the butter until it’s smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Add the granulated and brown sugar to it and beat it again until it becomes fluffy and a lighter color. Beat in the eggs and vanilla as well.
- In another bowl, whisk the baking soda, flour, cornstarch and salt together. Slowly mix in the wet ingredients from the other bowl until combined. Add the toasted pecans and mix until even distributed.
- The cookie dough will feel thick so you have to chill it in the fridge. Cover it with aluminum foil and let it chill in the fridge for over 20 min. Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and let it sit in room temperature for 5-10 minutes while you preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or baking sheets. Roll the dough into individual balls (about 1 tablespoon of dough each).
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden brown on the edges; the more, the crispier. Rotate the pan once during baking time in case there are hot spots in your oven.
- Once you remove the cookies from the oven, let them sit 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and transfer to cooling rack after.
For more pecan dessert recipes visit Rancho Pecana.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ranchopecana on Instagram and hashtag it #PecanCravers