These shortbread bars create a delicious dessert or quick pick me up during the day. The combination of raspberry, pecans, and tasty coconut topping brings together the perfect balance of flavors.
Created by: Kitchen Fun
Coconut Pecan Shortbread Bars
Yield: About 9 servings
Prep time: Approx. 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
List of Ingredients
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup of softened butter
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup of raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- ½ cup of Rancho Pecana pecan pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in the butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the jam evenly all over the crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and stir in the brown sugar and vanilla.
- Begin to add the coconut, pecans, flour, baking powder and salt and stir until it is evenly mixed.
- Place this mixture on top of the jam.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the top and corners are golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ranchopecana on Instagram and hashtag it #PecanCravers