Change up your pizza game by adding a flavor of pecans. This topping; also known as gremolota will make your pizza so good you won’t be able to have only one slice.
Pizza with Pecan Herb Topping
Yield: 1 8 slice pizza
Prep time: Approx. 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
List of Ingredients
1 store-bought pizza dough
1/2 cup jarred pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced vidalia onion
1 cup raw Rancho Pecana pecan halves or pieces
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- On a clean surface, flour the area and roll out the pizza dough until it is ⅛ inch thick. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and pierce the dough with a fork to present air pockets when it bakes. Place the baking sheet in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While the dough is baking; add pecans, parsley, and garlic powder to a food processor. Process the ingredients until it becomes a coarse crumb and transfer to a bowl. In this mixture stir in the parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and set aside.
- After the crust is ready, spread the pizza sauce over the rust and top with mozzarella cheese, red pepper slices, and onion slices. Sprinkle ⅓ cup of the pecan mixture evenly over the pizza.
- Transfer the pizza once again into the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve with the rest of the pecan herb mixture.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @ranchopecana on Instagram and hashtag it #PecanCravers