Get ready to wow your Thanksgiving guests with this sweet potato casserole recipe with a nutty crumb topping to give it the perfect crunchy contrast. We recommend using a 2-quart baking dish for this recipe. Don’t worry it’s an easy recipe that can be used throughout the holidays!
Ingredients for Filling:
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for buttering the baking dish
3 to 4 large sweet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled and cubed
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large eggs
Ingredients for Topping:
1/2 cup pecan flour from Rancho Pecana
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup pecan pieces from Rancho Pecana
- Sweet potatoes recipe: Add 1 3/4 pounds peeled and cubed sweet potatoes to a large pot of salted water.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender (15 to 20 minutes).
- Drain and cool. Mash the sweet potatoes.
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk together the butter, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- For the topping: Combine the pecan flour, brown sugar, butter and salt in a medium bowl until moist and the mixture clumps together.
- Stir in the pecan pieces to the topping mix.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes in an even layer.
- Bake until mostly set in the center and golden on top (25-30 minutes).
- Serve hot and enjoy!